Mediashaker is growing and looking for new talent to join their awesome team!
We are looking for a strong Search Engine Optimization & Content Management Specialist to work in our Edmonton office.
The Search Engine Optimization & Content Management (SEO) Specialist delivers on rank-boosting, results-oriented SEO strategies and tactics that are designed to achieve our clients’ business objectives.
You are a great fit for the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Specialist if you are a wiz at Google Analytics and other tools, have achieved SEO success for a business or client(s), and love everything about the web. You have 2+ years of experience in SEO, and most importantly, you love to learn fast.
If this sounds like you, and you crave a fast-paced, results-oriented environment where your contributions are recognized and you’ll always be learning and improving – then you’re a perfect fit!
The ideal candidate will have:
- 1+ years of experience in SEO
- Certified and be fluent in Google Analytics
- Achieved attributable results from SEO initiatives
- Excellent Google Suite skills (Google Docs, Sheets & Hangouts mostly)
- Experience with data collection, analysis, and reporting of results and meaningful patterns and insights
- Ability to create clear and understandable reports and being able to keep yourself on track of every project
- You must love knowledge and Google - so a basic understanding of Google’s Quality Guidelines is a must!
- If you’re into IPSOS/Nielsen, you’d be a dream!
- Experience working in popular CMSes (like WordPress, Squarespace, etc)
- Experience with a variety of SEO tools/platforms (like SEMrush, MOZ, etc)
- Tried and true competitive research and keyword research methodologies
- Understanding of SEO best practices in content, UX, website architecture, white hat vs black hat, algorithm updates, etc
- Excellent reasoning and communication skills necessary to speak with clients
- Excellent solo working skills – keeping yourself accountable for both your growth and the quality of your work
- Excellent interpersonal skills – collaborating and supporting the team to be a critical success factor
- Excellent attention to detail, writing, and grammar skills
- Excellent time-management skills - no time to lose!
- Versatility – you can think on your feet, learn fast, and grow your skill sets where needed
- Last, but not least, we want you to be hungry for knowledge and be open to learning new processes, and systems.
Your Day-to-Day Duties Include
- Collaborate with our Business Development Team in reviewing client briefs
- Collaborate with our Production Team in Discovery Meetings and other client interactions to gather helpful insights into the project
- Collaborate with the Account Team on ongoing digital marketing strategy and implementation
- Research, strategize and execute on SEO objectives using industry tools
- Authority building and Local SEO
- Guide website builds and redevelopments
- Digital marketing results analysis and reporting
- Keep up with the latest in SEO best practices and tools to grow and flex your expertise
- Being able to assess our current process and make suggestions, and recommendations on how to improve - Mediashaker is always learning, the industry is always evolving, and you should always get better.
What We Can Offer You
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- Flex time
- Free downtown parking
- Free coffee, snacks, and beverages
- A creative, friendly place to work with an amazing team of experts to learn from
Who are we?
Mediashaker is the longest-standing Digital Media agency in Edmonton. We’ve been around for over 20 years and we are very proud of it. Since its conception, Mediashaker has built some amazing websites on our very own CMS, ShoutCMS, so we get a very unique perspective into the great possibilities for our clients. Mediashaker is made of people. We like bots, we love humans even more. We believe in open doors, heart-to-hearts and constant learning.
We are all key pieces of our client’s success, and as such, we should all run smoothly. There is plenty of camaraderies, a lot of friends, and so much coffee! So if you feel like you want to be part of a great team, and make a difference for business owners looking to grow their business, send that resume over.
Also, don’t forget the cover letter outlining how your skills meet our needs and your salary expectations, along with your resume.
How to Apply?
Please submit your resume to email@example.com. Send your resume, cover letter, and references. We thank you for your interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Mediashaker is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants for taking the time to submit a resume and will contact all shortlisted individuals for an interview.