5 Biggest Mistakes Membership Organizations Make that Kill Their Social Media Momentum
1. Too Direct- They are too direct and overt in their message and turn off people who were just in the mood for something light before they were hit over the head with an *URGENT* issue.
2. Too Loud - They fill their feeds with dire warnings, urgent messages and emotional requests for support or contribution from members and wear out their welcome.
3. Too Quiet - No doubt, it can be a tricky balance, but you can't be too passive in your message either. The trick is to find a tone that captures what you want to say in a creative and engaging way without yelling right in people's faces. It's important to stand out and be noticed, but use your creative geniuses to do this, not those with the loudest voice.
4. Too Monotone - it's the same message over and over and people quickly become bored, tune them out and turn them off.
5. Too Frequent - Unless what you're putting out is entertaining, a membership site must be more judicious in how it approaches social media. If you can be entertaining, then by all means, just be sure the person putting together the posts hits a real funny bone and not just a 'groan'.